Determining Damage and Dealing with Adjusters [Podcast]
John Kregas, Owner of US General goes over how roofing consultants recognize damage on commercial flat roofs, what it’s like dealing with insurance adjusters, and what happens when adjustments go wrong.
- When it comes to inspecting roofs, we start from the ground looking for things like damage to paint and siding as well as soft metals like vents and gutters. Then, we work our way up and finish by walking the roof looking for wind and hail damage.
- Sometimes it’s best to rely on other experts to complete an inspection. No one is truly a jack of all trades, so it’s best to work with specialists.
- “Honey attracts more bees than vinegar.” When it comes to relationships with adjusters, we prefer to keep it light and friendly versus fight because you never know when you will need to work with that adjuster again.
- If you live in an area prone to natural disasters, like hurricanes, you need to itemize and inventory all of your property BEFORE a disaster to get the most out of your insurance policy.
- John talks about being the first “Bad Faith” case win against an insurance company.