Choosing the Right Roofing Material for your Colorado Home [Podcast]
- Older Colorado homes that are seeing roof replacements are using 3-tab shingles, which are no longer up to most building codes due to low wind ratings.
- The average Colorado roof lifespan is actually 15 to 20 years.
- When you begin to see shingle granules in the gutter, it may be time to replace your roof, but you should still call a professional for an inspection before proceeding.
- Roof repairs may not be the best option as they can waive existing manufacturers warranties.
- Neighborhoods tend to be on a similar replacement cycle either due to weather damage in the area or age of the home. If you see neighbors getting a new roof, it may be time to get a new roof yourself.
ABOUT TODAY’S GUEST
Field Consultant – Commercial Division at Kapella Roofing
I was drawn to and continue down this path because of the beneficial and helpful work I do for all my clients. Over my 16 years of experience, I have become a commercial Roofing expert. Well versed in all roofing types, from residential, to all flat roofing systems. I am extremely proud of what my company is able to do and does for our clients and I stand behind the quality of our work, the benefits we provide, and the overall culture and execution at which we operate.